Whitewater Tractor Pullers Inc.
General Club Rules
1. NO ALCOHOL consumption in pit, staging or track area before competition by any
competitor, pit crew member or track official. NO UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
or FIGHTING. ANY violation of above rules will result in DISQUALIFICATION.
2. Track Official’s decisions are final in any dispute. However, with a showing of
reasonable good cause the track official may revise or reverse his decision.
3. A) MANDATORY Operator ON sled with working brakes and kill switch system. Brakes
and kill switch controlled from operator’s platform, with visible indicators of activation.
B) It is at the sleds operator’s discretion to apply sled brakes and/or kill switch at any
time he considers the situation to be unsafe. He must immediately notify the club officials
of his decision and why. See Rule #2 above.
C) Sled operator maintains the right to REFUSE to hitch any vehicle.
4. Fire equipment and Fire Department REQUIRED onsite.
5. Ambulance REQUIRED onsite.
6. MAXIMUM 300 foot track
7. During competition 35 ft clear area on both sides of track including shutdown area.
LIMITED ACCESS. If less then 35 ft, subject to approved barrier.
8. NO ONE on the track other then Flag person, Competitor and Sled operator during
9. All vehicles must operate in a safe manner within the confines of the pit, track, staging
areas and event grounds. MAX 10 km.
10. All vehicles required to have a qualified operator in seat while being started and when
11. Competitor must have both hands in full view of flag person and hitch person and have
vehicle in PARK or NEUTRAL while hooking and unhooking from sled.
12. Driver to remain seated during pull.
13. Driver only in/on vehicle while being driven or towed. Driver only on tow vehicle (if
used) NO RIDERS.
14. No competitors under 16 years of age. Ages 16-18 with parent/guardians written consent
15. NO mixing of classes. No open class. No outlaw class.
16. Vehicle may compete only once in each class.
17. Non-member vehicles subject to Tech. Inspection, and MUST meet all safety and vehicle
18. Non-compliance of rules and/or procedures by driver, pit crew or vehicle is cause for
19. Whitewater Tractor Pullers Inc. reserves the right to refuse any competitor or vehicle to
participate in any event under their direction.
1. All pulls must start with a tight chain. Vehicle to be CENTERED on hitch point of sled.
2. Each competitor will be allowed 2 attempts to make a measurable pull if first attempt is
less than 75 feet.
3. On his/her attempt, if competitor lets off throttle before 75 ft. Competitor will get 2nd
attempt even if beyond 75 ft. mark. (Intent is for driver NOT to slam on brakes to stop
before 75 ft. mark or at any time, but come to a smooth safe stop).
4. Second attempt may be taken immediately or competitor may drop to later position.
5. Pulling order to be determined by drawing numbers, names or in order of numbers
issued at registration if all competitors agree.
6. In a pull-off, competitor is allowed 2 attempts to make a measurable pull. No test puller
7. Vehicle to remain within boundaries of contest course during pull.
8. Mandatory attendance at DRIVER MEETING, if held.
RULES ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE.